Wednesday, April 15, 2009

P.T. For Me


Sooo...about 7-8 weeks ago I tried pulling a heavy futon mattress up a flight of steps. By myself. Because we all know that sometimes you can't wait for a man to help you with things. I pulled and pulled. Until I heard 3 distinct pops come from my wrist. I stopped what I was doing. Saw the doctor the next day, as it was really bothering me. She x-ray'd it. No breaks. Good news. Two weeks later, not any better. Saw her again. She assures me it's a sprain and to stop wearing my brace. That I need physical therapy. I blow it off, considering I work out 3 days a week and that should be PT enough. Right? Now 5 weeks later, nothing has gotten any better. In fact, it's worse. I start wearing my brace again. I make an appt w/an ortho guy who sends me off for an MRI. Today, results are in. Nothing is showing up on the MRI. So, we're back to sprain. However, he's not encouraged by the fact that we are approaching the end of 2 months and it's still an issue. 4 weeks of physical therapy 3 times a week. If by the end of that 4 weeks we're not all better, i have to see a hand specialist. YIPPEE SKIPPY

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh no! That sucks. Unless we can possibly figure out a way for you to go on disabililty for the summer, then YAY for sprains! I could think of worse things than getting paid to lay poolside for two months.

Seriously though, take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!